The CHARLESTON Hotel, built in 1928-29, on the Butte Montmartre, was in the time frequented by the Music-Hall celebrities such as Maurice Chevalier, Josephine Baker and Mistinguett. It sheltered a dance hall of Japanese style, in vogue at that time, which remains today under the name Mikado. Its pediment facade is characteristic of hotel architecture of the period. The decoration of the breakfast room is constituted by a magnificent mosaic floor and by windows engraved with frescos that have been preserved to this day.
During the World War II, the German occupation forces commandeered it, like other hotels of sufficient capacity and the luxury hotels of the city. The officers of the German navy will occupy it.
The hotel was renamed CARLTON'S in the fifties. The current owner proceeded to a total rehabilitation of the hotel in 1968, transforming the 150 initial rooms into 111 rooms and appartments provided with private bathrooms and toilets.
In March 2008, the 3-star CARLTON'S Hotel has re-established ties with its prestigious past of the roaring-twenties, launching the fully renovated Charleston floor based on an original Music-Hall theme according to environemental high quality standards. Cha Cha enters the dance in 2009!
The 3-star CARLTON'S Hotel is fully equipped with Wifi Internet access.